At last…

After what felt like hours of attempts I finally managed to throw a serviceable bowl last night. I’m trying out a couple of different clays and I thought I’d have a go at making something bigger – well medium-sized. Try as I might I whenever I started opening up each ball of centred clay the dreaded wobble would appear. Sometimes I’m finding it difficult to teach myself, but watching different techniques on youtube has already been a great help.

I’m looking forward to getting some ware shelves up in the next couple of weeks. That will give me the space I need to do some proper repetitive throwing. Then hopefully I’ll be able to weed out the mistakes I’m making.

Here’s the one survivor. I turned the foot this afternoon. It has a coloured slip applied on the inside.

bowl1

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s