It’s been over a fortnight since I’ve done any throwing. What with the last kiln disaster I’ve been feeling a little demoralised of late. But today was the day. Acting on some good advice from my husband I’m going to stick with some simple, small bowls that require little working; try some quick test patterns; fire them and see if they survive. If they do then I can work more on pattern with the next batch.
I only had a couple of hours to spare, but feel like I’ve made progress with the shape. The first bowl off the wheel was not bad but a little heavy.
I then tried a series of seven others with variations of height and curve to the sides.
And finished with this, my favourite at the moment.
I’ll look at them again when the bases are turned.