After more than two weeks away it’s been great to get back to the wheel. I’m trying to consolidate a few things that I have learned over the last few months… finer throwing, thinner bases and repeat throwing. Today I decided to use a throwing gauge to help with my accuracy. I don’t have anything fancy, just a wooden kebab stick anchored to my wheel tray with a blob of clay. After making a few clumsy mistakes when taking the pot off the wheel, I got into a good rhythm. Twenty-two pots later I feel like I’ve made real progress. There are still a few odd ones, but I think that when I go back and check them tomorrow the majority will be very similar. I don’t want them to be exactly the same mind you, as they would lose their handmade quality, but I’m aiming for pots that will work nicely together as groups.